* Meet seller at a safe location
* Check the item before you buy
* Pay only after collecting the item
* Get the buyer’s full name and cell phone number prior to the meeting.
Text them an hour in advance to confirm they are coming.
This way, if there’s a problem, you have their information in your phone.
* If at all possible, move the item into your garage or driveway prior to the meeting.
Keep the garage door open during your meeting, and lock the entrance to your home.
* Have a family member or friend at home with you.
Meet during the daytime. If that isn’t possible, make sure to turn on as many lights as possible around the area where you’ll be standing.
* Count and inspect the money while you and the buyer are at the meetup.
* Beware of offers that involve shipping the item before you receive payment.